Spring is in full bloom. What about teaching names of spring flowers? To do that you need realia or nice pictures, coloured sheets of paper, crayons and clips. Try this idea.
Time: at least 45 minutes
- names of spring flowers, petals, leaves
- question: What colour is the ...?; What flower do you like...?
- answers: It is .... ; I like...
Materials: flashcards or a poster, sheets of paper (yellow, green and white), crayons, scissors, clips
The aim of this activity is to teach students that breakfast is the most important meal during a day.
- vocabulary: food
- structures: What do you usually have for breakfast? I usually have ... / For my healthy breakfast I would like to have ...
Making a minibook is an interesting way to teach five basic human senses. This craft activity encourage young students to read and give an oportunity to use their creativity.
- vocabulary: body parts, five human senses
- structure: I can ... with my ...
The goal of the lesson is to teach children that they should eat fruit and vegetables in five different colours every day.
Time: 45-60 minutes
- vocabulary: fruit and vegetables, colours
- structures: What colour are ...? / They are ...
Materials: pictures of fruit and vegetables, sheets of paper in five colours (red, orange, yellow, green, purple), worksheets for each student (a rainbow, fruit and veggies)
Teaching food vocabulary it is the right moment to introduce a crucial nutrition rule: FIVE-A-DAY portions of fruit or vegetables.
- vocabulary: fruit and vegetables
- structures: What fruit/vegetables do you like? / I like ...
Materials: flashcards, a sheet of paper for each student, crayons, worksheets for fast finishers
Time: 45 minutes