Your students will enjoy participating in this super simple and easy to remember rhyme if you use finger puppets to introduce a new set of vocabulary.
- any vocabulary (in the example: zoo animals)
- Hello. / Bye, bye.
- Where are you? / Here I am.
- How are you? / I’m fine, thank you.
Materials: finger puppets (in the example zoo animals)
1. Put on one of the finger puppets and say "Hello, children. I'm (ex. a parrot)." and encourage children to say "Hello (ex. parrot)" .
2. Then say or sing the rhyme like this:
"Parrot finger, parrot finger, where are you?
Here I am, here I am. How are you?"
and students respond: "I'm fine, thank you."
3. Continue with other animals.
4. Then take out finger puppets one by one and say “Bye, bye children.” and students respond “Bye, bye, (ex. a parrot)."
- You can introduce different types of greetings at the beginning (Hello, Hi, Good morning, Good afternoon) and at the end (Bye, Goodbye, See you) of the activity.
Click here to download free zoo animals flash cards.
Click here to download animals posters.
Click here to download zoo animals worksheets.