In this post you can find an example how to practise communication skills with ESL kids. Try this activity with your students to practise speaking, listening and writing skills as well as present simple tense, vocabulary for daily routines and telling the time.
- vocabulary for daily routines
- telling the time
- Present Simple
Materials: photocopies of a table to complete (one for each student)
Click the image to download the worksheet.
1. Divide the class into groups of three and distribute copies of the worksheet.
2. Ask students to write down what time they do each daily routine.
3. Each member of the group tells about his/her day and the rest of students in the group note the times in the table.
For example: I get up at six o’clock. Then I have a shower, get dressed and have breakfast at half past six. etc.)
4. After speaking activity or as homework your students write description using information from the table.
For example: I get up at six o’clock, but Matt and Kate get up at half past six. I have breakfast at half past six and Matt has breakfast at seven o’clock. Kate doesn’t have breakfast. etc.