Speaking activity for young learners to practise fruit and vegetables vocabulary and questions about their likes and dislikes.
- questions: What’s your favourite...?, Do you like...?,
- short answers: Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.
- asking and talking about favourite fruit and vegetables,
- present simple tense
Materials: photocopies of the worksheet (one for each child)
1. Pre-teach or revise fruit and vegetables using flashcards.
2. Ask each student questions:
What’s your favourite fruit? and What’s your favourite vegetable?
3. Hand the worksheets out one for each child.
4. The students ask five of their classmates questions: Do you like...? and complete the form.
5. At the end some students tell the classmates about results of their survey.
- Students can prepare their own forms.
- Students who finish the activity earlier can ask questions to some other children or prepare a bar chart ‘Our favourite fruit and vegetable.’
- For students who finish the task earlier or as a homework, you can copy fruit worksheets or vegetables worksheets.
Click here to find more activities for food topic.