The aim of this speaking activity is to practise asking and answering questions in Present Simple. It can be used as an ice breaker activity at the begining of the school year as well.
Questions and short answers in present simple tense:
- Do you …? ; Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.
- Have you got …? ; Yes, I have. / No, I haven’t.
- Can you …? ; Yes, I can. / No, I can’t.
Materials: questionnaire (one for each student)
1. Revise rules of making questions in present simple tense and write some examples on the board.
2. Students ask their classmates questions and write the names in the questionnaires.
3. When the questionnaires are filled, ask questions: Who… (likes bananas / can play the guitar/ has got a pet, etc.)?