Teach your students new vocabulary for food and encourage them to talk what they want to eat.
Time: 45 minutes
- any food items (in the example: spaghetti, meatballs, sandwiches, chicken, sausages, salad, potatoes, eggs, ice cream, chocolate)
- question and answers: Do you want …? / Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.; What do you want to eat? / I want to eat…
- Students sit in the circle.
- Put the flashcards on the floor, say the names of the food items and ask students to repeat them.
- Turn the flashcards face down, point to each card and ask students to guess what is at the picture.
- Students read the names on the wordcards and match tem to the right pictures.
- Ask yor students: Do you want ...? to answer: Yes, I do. or No, I don't.
- Then ask : What do you want to eat? and students answer: I want to eat ... and get the right picture.
- Students complete the worksheets and then write what they want to eat.
- Students in pairs make small talks asking and answering questions: Do you want to eat ...? and What do you want to eat?