Language focus: asking questions
1. Divide the class into groups of five.
2. Single one student out in each group who will be a ‘Tomato’.
3. Students in each group ask questions to the ‘Tomato’ and try to make him/her laugh.
4. The only answer to all questions can be ‘tomato’.
5. Examples of questions:
- What’s your name?
- What’s your pet?
- What are you wearing on your head?
- Why do you like dancing?
- What did you do at school yesterday?
6. If somebody makes ‘Tomato’ laugh or gets a wrong answer, he/she will supplant the ‘Tomato’.
You can use tomato headbands or a tomato soft toy.