Activity for children to practise singular and plural forms of fruit vocabulary.
- fruit (in the example: apple, banana, orange, pear, plums, strawberries, kiwis, grapefruit, lemon);
- verbs: take, peel, cut, put, add, mix;
- singular and plural forms of fruit;
- indefinite and definite articles
Materials: pictures of fruit (one for each child), fruit salad recipe
1. Children sit in the circle.
2. Pre-teach or revise fruit names with flashcards.
3. Say a recipe for fruit salad, but instead of reading the fruit names hold up the pictures and the children should say their names chorally.
4. Hand out pictures of fruit.
5. Ask the children to stand up and sit down when they hear their fruit and read the recipe again.
- If the children like the activity, ask them to pass their pictures clockwise to their friends, change the action (ex. jump, clap your hands, turn around) and read the recipe again.
Download printable worksheets for fruit.