Children are always fond of writing and making projects about their hobbies and interests. They are also interested in their friends free time activities. The idea is making a poster about sports your students can do followed by short presentation in front of their classmates.
- sports and equipment
- What sport can you do?; I can..., but I can't...;
- Can you...?; Yes, I can. / No, I can't.
- What do you need to...?; To... I need...
Time: 90 minutes
- A3 sheet of paper,
- some pictures from sports magazines, photos or printed images from the Internet,
- a pencil, crayons, markers, glue and scissors.
1. Revise vocabulary for sports and sport equipment and introduce new lexical items that your students need to talk about sports they can do.
2. Ask some students: What sports can you do?; What do you need to ...?; Can you...?
3. Encourage students to talk in pairs about sports they can do.
4. Then students stick the pictures of sports they can do to the poster and write short descriptions.
I can play tennis. To play tennis I need a racket, a ball and trainers.
5. Students present their posters in front of the class.
Click here to find another activity for primary students about their abilities.